Get Your Home Ready for Listing in Bremerton, Washington
It’s always a great time to put your home on the market in Bremerton, Washington. The market is lively here and homes typically command good prices. Before you list, however, make sure your home is in top condition and ready to go. Here are some often-overlooked steps you can take to improve your listing.
- Make sure the area around your front door is clean, inviting, and depersonalized. Clean your mailbox and replace the welcome mat with a new one. Paint your front door, if necessary, and clean the porch lights.
- Pressure wash your roof. Roofs can become moldy and even moss-covered over time. Hire pressure washing services Bremerton WA to give the roof new life. A dirty roof can look older than it really is.
- Inspect the condition of your sidewalk and driveway. If they are pitted, potholed, or in general disrepair, hire a concrete contractor. Cracked concrete is not only unsightly, it can be dangerous, too.
- Deodorize your house. It’s not enough to get rid of musty or sweaty odors. Ideally, there should be no odors at all. You may love that scented plugin, but a prospective home buyer may not. Make sure all smelly items, such as sports gear, are removed from the house, and before a showing, open the windows.
- Organize your closets. Take extra clothing to your new home or put it in storage. Extra space in a closet will make it look bigger. Take the time to line up those shoes, too. Clutter is the number one turnoff for prospective home buyers.
- Google your address. The first place people look for homes is on the internet. You need to know what they see. If listing sites have the details of your home wrong, correct them. Make sure all the information is as up-to-date as possible.